Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And so it begins . . .

I start many of my journal entries that way.  Beginnings are fabulous aren't they?  Each day begins anew with the promise that it will be different from all the rest.  I love that!  I can look forward to each day with hope and new energy.  Man have I been wanting to be a "Blogger", and so it begins.  This post is to launch the blog--finally a place for all of my "mindanderings" . . . .root words "mind" and "wander".  You probably are wondering, "Why this title?".  Well, I finally identified where I seem to have the most creative energy, mindanderings and strategic mindlessness . . . . .it is on the highway driving alone.  I decided today that if you really want to hear your heart and soul speak to your mind, turn off the radio and hit the road.  The highway, for me behind the wheel, can be one of four things . . . .exhilarating (I like to drive fast), intimidating (unknown cities), exhausting (long distance) or reckless (too fast or furious, although I always maintain control :).  Today it felt completely exhilarating!  It's a good thing I drive a van because a small car would have resulted in pure recklessness.  The funny thing is that I don't have a speedometer that works right now in the van -- even more exhilarating! 

Creative thoughts today were flying at me On The Highway fast and furious.  All the great things I can't wait to blog about here.  I hope to give you something interesting to read, maybe a daily challenge, a life lesson I've learned, something I want you to reflect on or consider, encouragement and humor from my world, scholarly tips (if they aren't too boring, after all I'm trying to escape work), and anything you might ask me to write about (now that would be a challenge back at me--fun!).  I can't want to talk more about the Journey and the Destination.  I invite you to join me On The Highway.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment